We strongly encourage children to wear school uniform. Our school colours are red, grey and white. Sweatshirts, fleeces, cardigans and white polo shirts are available from:
Cat Ballou Originals Ltd
(024) 7645 7097
We would like children to wear the following with their school sweatshirt: -
White polo shirt or white shirt.
Grey trousers or shorts.
White polo shirt or white blouse.
Grey trousers, pinafore or skirt.
Flat, black sensible shoes should be worn to school, not high heels. If trainers are worn they should be black in colour.
Stud/small sleeper earrings may be worn, but we request that no other jewellery should be worn unless for religious or medical reasons.
Please label each item of clothing with your child’s name and class so that lost clothing can be returned to the owner quickly.
Parents can purchase sweatshirts, cardigans, polo shirts, pump bags and reading folders, which display the school badge from Cat Ballou.
School badges can also be purchased from the office for £1.00
Key Stage One (Years 1 and 2)
Young children need clothes they can manage independently.
- A small, named drawstring kit bag (no sports bags as there is not room for these in our small cloakrooms).
- T-shirt, shorts and elastic-sided or Velcro pumps.
Hair should be tied back, if worn long, to minimise the risk of entanglement. Please tie your child’s hair back before school unless s/he is able to do this promptly while changing for PE.
Key Stage Two (Year 3 – 6)
The basic information and PE kit are similar to Key Stage One, although from the age of 7 children should be expected to cope with changing promptly into and out of a range of footwear for PE lessons. Extra items needed in Key Stage Two for PE are;
- Boots suitable for football, which is played on grass, weather permitting.
- Suitable trainers/pumps for playground games such as netball or hockey.
- Pumps for indoor gymnastics. (Trainers are not suitable for apparatus work.)
- Track suit bottoms/sweatshirts (may be worn outdoors in cold weather).
The school policy for PE lessons is based on good health and safety practice. For indoor PE activities (except high-impact games such as basketball) pupils may work in bare feet.